Serve these Thai-style chicken skewers with lime halves and coriander leaves for a fast and fresh mid-week dinner everyone will enjoy.
The ingredient of Thai-Style chicken skewers with pickled cucumber salad recipe
- 600g Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Fillets, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbs red curry paste
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 2 spring onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 1 large carrot, peeled, cut into long matchsticks
- 2 large Lebanese cucumbers, seeded, cut into long matchsticks
- 1/4 cup (60ml) white wine vinegar
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- Vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
- 2 Coles Australian Baby Cos Lettuces, trimmed, cut into quarters lengthways
- 1/3 cup (80ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 1/4 cup (35g) peanuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
The instruction how to make Thai-Style chicken skewers with pickled cucumber salad recipe
- Place the chicken, curry paste, fish sauce, spring onion and three-quarters of the coriander in a food processor. Season. Process until almost smooth. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Divide into 12 portions and shape each portion around a metal or soaked bamboo skewer. Place on a plate in the fridge for 10 mins to chill.
- Meanwhile, place carrot, cucumber and remaining coriander in a large bowl. Stir the vinegar and sugar in a small jug until the sugar dissolves. Drizzle over the cucumber mixture and gently toss to combine. Set aside for 10 mins to develop the flavours.
- Add enough oil to a large frying pan to come 5mm up the side of the pan. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook half the skewers, turning occasionally, for 5 mins or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining skewers.
- Drain cucumber mixture. Arrange on a large serving platter with the skewers, lettuce, sweet chilli sauce and peanut.
Nutritions of Thai-Style chicken skewers with pickled cucumber salad recipecalories: 547.071 calories
calories: 33 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 30 grams carbohydrates
calories: 27 grams sugar
calories: 31 grams protein
calories: 1639 milligrams sodium