Serve this delicious family pie with a crisp green salad for a complete mid-week meal.
The ingredient of Chicken, ham and potato pie
- 30g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 leeks (white part only), sliced
- 500g waxy potatoes (such as Anya), peeled, chopped
- 3 chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 cups (360g) roughly chopped leg ham
- 200ml thickened cream
- 1/3 cup (95g) wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large sheet frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Green salad, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken, ham and potato pie
- Heat butter and oil in a large frypan over medium-low heat. Cook leeks, stirring, for 10 minutes until soft and wilted.
- Meanwhile, cook potato in boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Drain well. Add to frypan with chicken and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add ham, cream and mustard. Cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring. Add parsley, season and cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Lightly grease a 25cm loose-bottomed tart pan. Line base and sides with shortcrust pastry. Chill for 15 minutes. Line with baking paper and pastry weights or uncooked rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and weights and bake for 5 minutes until golden. Add filling. Top with puff pastry and press edge with tines of a fork to seal. Brush with egg. Prick pastry a few times with a fork. Chill and cook later or bake for 25 minutes until golden. Serve hot or warm with salad.
Nutritions of Chicken, ham and potato piecalories: 629.526 calories
calories: 36 grams fat
calories: 18 grams saturated fat
calories: 35 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 40 grams protein
calories: 190 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1482.93 milligrams sodium